googlef87758e9b6df9bec.html A Sure Word: My Endorsement for the Republican Primary

Saturday, December 1, 2007

My Endorsement for the Republican Primary

It’s official - I’m endorsing Mike Huckabee as the Republican candidate for President, 2008. I've looked at him, his statements, and his record and he holds the same views as I do on nearly every issue. What's more, he's consistently been conservative throughout his career. Here are some of the hot issues and where he stands:

Faith & Politics: “My faith is my life - it defines me. I don't separate my faith from my personal and professional lives."

Abortion: “I support and have always supported passage of a constitutional amendment to protect the right to life.”

Health Care: “The health care system in this country is irrevocably broken, in part because it is only a "health care" system, not a "health" system. We don't need universal health care mandated by federal edict or funded through ever-higher taxes.”

Taxes: “The FairTax will replace the Internal Revenue Code with a consumption tax, like the taxes on retail sales forty-five states and the District of Columbia have now.”

Immigration: “Governor Huckabee knows that securing our borders must be our top priority and has reached the level of a national emergency.”

The War on Terror: “I believe that we are currently engaged in a world war. Radical Islamic fascists have declared war on our country and our way of life. They have sworn to annihilate each of us who believe in a free society,… As president, I will fight this war hard, but I will also fight it smart, using all our political, economic, diplomatic, and intelligence weapons as well as our military might.”

Marriage: “I support and have consistently supported passage of a federal constitutional amendment that defines marriage as a union between one man and one woman.”

Education: “I have been a strong, consistent supporter of the rights of parents to home school their children, of creating more charter schools, and of public school choice.” [OK, so he kind of blew it on this one. Why only public school choice?]

What more can I ask for? The guy is right on. And he's even got Chuck Norris endorsing him - how cool is that? Let’s hear it for Mike. Mike Huckabee, 2008!

No comments: