googlef87758e9b6df9bec.html A Sure Word: Parents told: avoid morality in sex lessons

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Parents told: avoid morality in sex lessons

I admit it. I borrowed the headline for this post straight from my source article. It was so perfect that I couldn’t improve upon it. It’s true – in the UK the government has issued a new pamphlet coaching parents on how to discuss sex with their own children. The article says:
“PARENTS should avoid trying to convince their teenage children of the difference between right and wrong when talking to them about sex, a new government leaflet is to advise.

Instead, any discussion of values should be kept “light” to encourage teenagers to form their own views, according to the brochure, which one critic has called “amoral”.”
What more can I say?

Coincidentally, I’ve been discussing this very thing online over the last few days. In an effort to remain neutral toward religion, the government has become hostile to religion. Parents have the right to teach their kids morals and religious values. It seems to me that public schools are bent on undermining those values. After seeing this article, I’m speechless. Let’s just hope this particular attitude doesn’t catch on in the US but I fear it already has.

Jesus Himself told us that we should “Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's” (Matthew 22:21). Raising our children in Christian values is the responsibility given to every Christian parent (Ephesians 6:4). It seems to me, Caesar is interested in teaching our kids his own values. The sad fact is too many parents are interested in letting Caesar do their jobs for them. They are giving the things of God to Caesar!

No comments: