googlef87758e9b6df9bec.html A Sure Word: What’s on American’s Minds?

Sunday, May 17, 2009

What’s on American’s Minds?

After I published my last post on Obama’s honorary degree from Notre Dame, I was trying to get ideas for another blog. There are so many things in the news right now: abortion (because of Obama’s visit to Notre Dame), water-boarding (and Pelosi’s lies about it), record high unemployment, government take-over of the auto industry, and the list goes on and on. While thinking about it, I noticed on Yahoo’s home page they have a list of the day’s top-10 searches. Aha, I thought, here’s a list of things Americans have on their minds. But after looking at the things on the list, I soon realized Americans aren’t interested in the same things the news media publishes.

On the top-10 list are:

1) Ayelet Zurer. Who? Is she some foreign leader or perhaps a congress woman I hadn’t heard of? No. Come to find out, she’s an Israeli-born movie actress staring in the new Ron Howard flick, Angels & Demons. OK, so that’s sort of current news I guess.

2) Deborah Gibson. The pop teen singer from the 80’s? You’ve got to be kidding me! I think I saw her hosting a one-hit-wonder show on VH1 a while back but other than that, I didn’t know she was doing anything. She’s number 2? Oh well.

3) Easy Crock Pot Recipes. Hmmm. At least I can empathize with this one. My wife recently bought one of those magic-bullet type blenders and I searched “blender recipes” so I know where these people are coming from. Still, to be the 3rd most searched item is a little surprising.

Rounding out the top-10 are:

4) Bridal Shower Ideas
5) Jane Campion
6) Will Ferrell
7) Blink 182
8) Bipolar Disorder
9) College Basketball
10) Travel Insurance

Perhaps I’m taking this news/politics stuff a little too seriously. Oh well! “To each his own,” I always say. I’ll continue to blog about things I think are important and people will still continue to read what they think are important.

I have an idea. Perhaps I should write a blog about Ayelet Zurer and Deborah Gibson exchanging easy crock pot recipes. It might not be interesting but at least my blog will show up in all the Yahoo searches!

2 comments:

Foxwood said...

No body's talking about what's really happening at Notre Dame.

RKBentley said...

Foxwood,

Thanks for visiting my blog. I was a little intrigued by your comment. Are you saying that not enough people are talking about the Obama/Notre Dame scandal or are there other things going on at Notre Dame no one is talking about?

I visited your blog. At first glance, it looks like some good reading. I'll be sure and visit again when I have more time. Keep up the good work.

Thanks again for visiting. Come back often.

God Bless!!
RKBentley